Friday, April 26, 2013

Homemade cheese 'goldfish' crackers

So Todays plan had been to clean up the office/ guest room but they decided to give me a huge window for when they were going to bring the new dishwasher out so that put my cleaning plan on hold. So I decided to work on crackers. My son is a huge fan of goldfish crackers and I found a recipe to make my own at home and love t so much better than the store bought ones! 

What you need 
8 ounces of cheese shredded
4 Tablespoons butter cut not cubes
1 cup of flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons of water
Thats it! 



Put everything but the water in a food processor or if like me you don't have one a stand mixer works very well :) 
after it looks like the first picture kind of like sand, you can add water one tablespoon at a time.  wrap it up and let it chill for 20 min or so. 
roll it out and cut into cute shapes. I made flowers and hearts this time. I only roll out a small amount at a time. 
they do puff up a little bit so I roll the dough thin. The original recipe I found said to bake for 15min, Which burnt mine to a crisp! I go more for 8-10 min tops. 


Totally worth a try if you like to make things yourself and control whats going into them. My son seems to enjoy these even more than the store bought ones.

Happy Baking!
Jillian 

No comments:

Post a Comment