Thursday, June 6, 2013

Gift for my husband

As I have said because we are a military family, we have a wedding anniversary and a marriage anniversary. We recently celebrated the wedding anniversary. This is the gift a I made my husband. It went with the theme from the wedding and some things that are special to us. 
 pop corn box is actually from our wedding, it held fans that day :)
(A couple pads for work as a joke or course and a personal one for us, mostly for fun as well)
 Of course there had to be some popcorn! 80's candy because we are both 80's babies. The fortune cookies because our first date was to a Chinese restaurant and has become thee place to eat for special occasions. The rasinets were a last minute add in, he had bought a box and as soon as I saw them I had to have them, so he bought him self a replacement box, same thing happened :) 
 The bacon book has been a joke with us since the very first time we met. I do not like bacon or pork, he LOVES it. He had made a joke about all things being better with bacon, at which time I had to break the news. Ever since for every holiday I have given him something pig or bacon related. 


 In this picture you can see note cards held together with rings. They say I love you on the front over, inside are over 200 reasons and things I love about my husband. He got a little choked up reading them,  while not the intent was nice to see it meant so much to him.
All together ready to give. Was a HUGE hit, got laughs, smiles, a few tears. Can not ask for more than that. All in all I think it was the perfect gift. Now I just have to try to top it for next year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment