Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Meaty manicotti


My first post from my phone! I am kind of excited to see how this looks. 

Last night I made meaty manicotti was really good. This is one where I made the filling and froze it. 

14 manicotti shells
1 pound bulk Italian sausage
3/4 pound ground beef
2 garlic cloves minced
2 cups mozzarella cheese 
1 package (3oz)  cream cheese 
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 cups meatless spaghetti sauce 
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Cook noodles according to package 
Meanwhile in a large skillet cook sausage, beef over medium heat. Add garlic cook 1 min. Drain. 
Cool for 10 min. 

Drain shells in cool water. Stir mozeralla cheese, cream cheese, and salt into meat mixture. Spread 2 cups sauce into greased pan. 
Stuff each shell with about 1/4 cupful meat. Pour remaining sauce over the top. Sprinkle with parmasean cheese. 
Cover and bake at 350 for 40 min covered. 10 minutes uncovered. I also added more mozeralla cheese on the top for the last 10 minutes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment