Tuesday, May 14, 2013

feeling nostalgic, our Wedding 26 - May - 2012

We are quickly approaching our 'Wedding' Anniversary. We were married before, in what I have learned is almost a military tradition, by the justice of the peace and had a larger wedding later with family and friends. 26 May is that second anniversary. I am working on a project for my husbands gift. While working on it I thought I would share some highlights from it. :) I made all the carter pieces, favor bags and really planned everything my self, from a couple states away. We were stationed at Bragg and the wedding was in Ga, where he is from, not me, so that was another challenge. I think it all came together really well. 


 My oldest holding the picture frame, our son wasn't feeling it, we have a copy of this picture in this frame in out living room. It is one of my favorites and of course she loves it. We wanted to involve the kids as much as possible, it wasn't just my husband and I's wedding, it was us becoming a family. She was my maid of honor. Our son who was 1.5 walked with my father and I down the aisle. 

Our theme for the wedding was movies, with some military touches. We are both very big into movies so we picked some of our favorites and made each tables center piece a different movie theme. 


 My husband has been called Jack before so this just had to be a table. 
 We are both big Simpson fans. 
 This was our head table. Got to love firefly
 out door wedding ceremony and reception but they did close the walls off some to keep some of the heat out, who knew end of May in Ga would be so hot ;)


Of course Phineas and Ferb! They not only made it in the wedding as a center piece but as one of the family dance songs and the wedding program. If you do not know this show check it out! Wonderful for children and adults. 


 Clap boards on the chair rows for the ceremony 
 Card box had the movie theme as well
 One of my favorite parts! the program, again with the movie playbill type theme. We had all the people in the wedding write a little something, something really special for us to have for years to come. 
 We had fans because again it was all out doors in the sun, the end of May and Ga :) So VERY hot!



Favors for the adults, the coasters had a lot for a picture which went well with our other favor, we had a photo booth set up for everyone. That was also out guest book so many great fun shots there!


 The gift bags for the kids. The rubber ducks were for all branches of the military not just the Army I believe this one is marines :p
  
 Props for the photo booth

 My husband and I being goofy in the photo booth. 
 We had a small cake for those that wanted cake but as I am not a cake fan, we had a dessert bar as well. 




We even had an ice cream cart! So yummy and fun! 
 And now for the cake, another military touch and the coolest cake topper ever! 

www.favorsyoukeep.com   They make so many very cool things city lines, military, hobbies great quality, taste, and they are so fast! They also do color but the black and white went better with our theme. 


So those are some of my favorite touches from the wedding. I am recreating the wedding cake for our anniversary, I will have to share that when I do make it of course. I love to bake cakes, just not a fan of eating them :) Hope you enjoyed the trip down memory lane. 



My favorite picture from the wedding. I love this man! 

No comments:

Post a Comment