Monday, May 13, 2013

Refinishing a dresser for my daughter

I had taken a picture of the whole dresser before I started but I guess I deleted it on accident. :(
This is what I used as the base coat, worked perfectly! One coat let dry for 24 hours and was perfect for my needs. I just needed a good base. 

After the white zinsser I spray painted it with a high gloss silver, again I didn't need perfect coverage for what I wanted to do but with 1 can I got good coverage. 

 After that I put wall stickers on it...
Spray painted it with a high gloss black, took 2 cans to get a very solid even finish  
After I peeled the stickers off I LIGHTLY haphazardly randomly sprayed purple over it.  





I sprayed the hard wear with the silver high gloss too. 
and tada! Finished, took a weekend from start to finish and I think turned out pretty well. After I repaint the rooms I will do pictures of it in the new room :)

Happy painting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment